|The halo as the Nexus Artifact, as seen in Madness: Project Nexus|
|Used by:||Jesus, Auditor, Tricky, Dr. Christoff|
|Kill(s):||24 (8 non-canon)|
The halo is an important object in the Madness Combat series and the main source of Jesus' supernatural powers. It was seen above Jesus's head in every episode until Madness Combat 6: Antipathy. Jesus donned it again in Madness Combat 7: Consternation and continued to wear it until he was killed by the normality restoration explosion in Madness Combat 8: Inundation.
In the restoration, the halo was fractured, though this doesn't seem to have affected its ability. In Madness Combat 9: Aggregation, the Auditor, who survived the explosion, took the Halo from Jesus' corpse and put it on. The halo then turned dark red. Early in Madness Combat 10: Abrogation, Hank got the Auditor in a choke hold and removed the halo, which released a lightning-like energy that knocked Hank down. Hank's wounded arm grew a new hand and the ability to release powered-up punches because of the halo. When the Auditor retrieved the halo again, their compatibility with each other became compromised, and the halo's energy started to wound the Auditor.
In Madness: Project Nexus, the halo is known as the Nexus Artifact. It plays a major role in Episode 1.5 of the Story Mode. Labeled an "artifact of incredible power," the halo granted Dr. Christoff significantly improved abilities, increasing Christoff's dexterity and giving him the power to levitate and release Nexus bolts to disintegrate enemies.
When worn by Jesus, he was granted the following mystical abilities:
- Reviving corpses into zombies
- Moving objects or people with telekinesis
- Creating energy shields that can deflect and/or catch bullets
- Dissolving characters with a red beam or black Nexus bolt, cast from either the eyes or hands
- Spawning the binary sword.
- Superhuman strength
When the Auditor wore the halo, he used these following abilities:
- Enhancing units' fighting skills to extraordinary levels
- Absorbing corpses to grow in size and strength
- Releasing a dark beam attack, similar to the red beam used by Jesus
When Hank touched the Halo, he was granted the following abilities:
- Regenerating Hank's hand where his claw had been severed
- Charging punches with a lightning-like energy (allowing Hank to kill Mag Agent: V4 and wound the Auditor)
When worn by Tricky, he was granted the following abilities:
- Reviving himself and remaining alive as a skeleton
- Turning into a white giant skeleton abomination
- Creating puddles of darkness
- Switching his consciousness between various host bodies
- Summoning weapons from the ground, his and other characters's innards
- Summoning A.A.H.W. units and skeletons with various weaponry and armor
- Superhuman strength
- Superhuman speed
- In Madness Combat 5.5, Tricky attempts to gain Jesus' powers by wearing the ripped top of his head instead of the halo. He shouts "HOW COME THIS DOES NOT WORK??!?", "WHAT??!?" and gets rid of it.
- Since the v1.8 update, in Arena Mode of Madness: Project Nexus, Jesus' halo is missing. However, The-Swain, the main programmer, stated that this was merely a bug. (Although, obtaining the halo is possible through editing arena save file. Effects on the unmodded character are unknown.)
To view an article on the halo from Wikipedia, click here.